Sunday, November 3, 2019

Passions

Warren: I wonder what I’m going to talk about? Hmmmm… (Thank you Rico, but I can’t talk about pidgey noises *Rico, my cat, was making his pigeon noises). Anyway, I’m going to talk about… music. Music can be a good way to express your mood at the current time. Alternatively, it can be a good way to get your message out there. Whatever that message may be. But, all I really know is, I have a lot of things I want to do in life. Music is in the top ten of things I want to do. Truthfully though, I don’t think I have a good enough singing voice for music. Yeah, I know music isn’t all about singing, it’s just about the music itself. I like to have something to accompany the background noise. I know stuff like, classical music or slow music doesn’t really involve singing. But, what if I want to do multiple genres!? In fact, I just told my Mom, last night, that I might want to join a classical music institution. Again, what if I want to do multiple genres, what do I do? I know you can pull the, “You’re only a kid, you have plenty of time,” cliche, but, I have a plan, and don’t get me wrong, I have a backup plan as well. But, nothing has gone wrong yet (knocks on plastic). So, why would I have to shuffle the deck when I still have plenty of cards left to play. I mean, I know it’s up to me and I have plenty of time. It’s still kind of worrying that I don’t really know what I want to do with my life yet. But, until life gives me lemons, to make lemonade, I’ll just keep chugging along. Mom, what do you think I should do? Leah: You have so many attributes Warren and have a natural inclination for a lot of things as well. I think you should do something that you feel is rewarding and that makes you happy. If you feel like you can best get your message across to people through the medium of music, pursue whatever type of music you choose. Ultimately, whatever you choose to do with your life, whether it be music, computer programming, professional gaming, comedy, acting, motivational speaking, etc., you can still have passions outside of your profession. You don’t have to limit yourself to one thing… don’t EVER limit yourself or let anyone put limits on you. Most importantly, you REALLY need to watch the movie, Shine, with me. It’s a really good movie and will give you an even greater appreciation for classical music, more than you already do.

2 comments:

  1. Whatever you decide to do Warren, I have no doubt, you'll blow it out of the water!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bj! Again I really appreciate it and whatever I do, I'll make sure it's something I'm good at. -Warren

    ReplyDelete

The Definition of Insanity (Trying to keep up in a conversation between us)

Warren: Here we go again… What am I going to talk about? I seriously don’t know what to talk about. I know! I’m not going to talk about a...